Saturday, January 23, 2010

Icing

It's time to prepare the icing. It is preferable to ice and decorate the cake the day after baking so the cake does not crumble. For icing I use Pastry Pride, which comes in a carton and is located in the refrigerator/freezer section of your market. I shop at Smart & Final because it is a staple there. I'm not sure if you can find it in any regular supermarket.

Beat the Pastry Pride for about five minutes to get a really thick consistency. It's almost like stiff meringue but not quite. I add a dash of vanilla and a little bit of confectioner's sugar but not much because the PP has a delicious flavor that blends well with your cake flavor.

I add softened (or room temperature) cream cheese. Whipped cream cheese works well also. Beat until you decide that the icing will spread smoothly on the cake.

Tomorrow I will explain how to ice a cake!

Happy Baking

Delia Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment